Be part of something special…
Become an ambassador for Harrogate
We are looking for leaders with pride in Yorkshire and the influence to bring high profile international and national events to Harrogate.
What is a Harrogate Conference Ambassador?
Ambassadors are leading business figures, politicians, academics, experts in law, medicine, faith, the arts, science or other profession or renowned sports person. There are many ways ambassadors can help Harrogate’s economy and standing such as;
- Endorsement: a letter of endorsement or recommendation supporting a Harrogate congress bid.
- Organising Committee: an event organiser may require a local ambassador to join their organising committee as regional representative.
- Conference Opportunities: for example, a member of a professional body approaching their organising committee for Harrogate to host their annual conference or a business leader bringing their company’s meeting to the town.
Harrogate Conference Ambassador Benefits
The aim of the programme is to help ambassadors bring high profile events to Harrogate by providing tangible in-kind and financial support for bids. Ambassadors hosting a national or international conference;
- enhance the profile and recognition of their own Organisation
- contribute to the local economy and Harrogate's exposure
- raise the profile of their work amongst peers, locally and internationally
- build relationships which may lead to new research opportunities and funding
For qualifying bids Harrogate Convention Centre may provide financial and/or in kind support for ambassadors to;
- attend a conference for which they are a delegate with the intention of expressing an interest in Harrogate bidding for future conferences
- attend presentations to Committee in support of a Harrogate bid
- host an organising committee familiarisation trip to Harrogate District
Should Harrogate be invited to bid, Harrogate Convention Centre's marketing team will;
Should Harrogate be successful the Convention Centre's event management team will work with the ambassador, organiser, PCO, convention bureau and other stakeholders to deliver a successful conference.