Harrogate Convention Centre -
Wednesday 13th May
- Thursday 14th May
POSTPONED This event is postponed until further notice, please continue to check back for further information when hopefully this event will be rescheduled.
The 29th Annual Cold Comfort conference and exhibition returns to Harrogate on 13th to 14th May 2020.
Cold Comfort has been at the heart of the UK winter service sector for over 25 years and remains the only conference in the UK focused on delivering insight and best practice in the winter service sector.
Registration will open in February for the conference. Register your interest in attending today
"I found the Cold Comfort experience to be informative and interesting, with a good balance of different topics and speakers covered, which has provided a good background to help us enhance our winter maintenance service in the future."
Sarah Bartlett, Senior QS and Winter and Emergency Project Lead, Skanska
2020 Programme Highlights include:
• Headline speaker David Quarmby presents original research and analysis revisiting winter resilience and addressing the future of climate change
• Head of roads at the Department for Transport Steve Berry provides insights from central government to help the country move forward and what they expect from their partners
• Highways England’s David Batchelor, project manager for its Severe Weather Research & Development, will outline the strategic network operator’s latest severe weather research projects and give an update on the outcomes from 2019/20 winter season
• IHE Chief Executive Richard Hayes will discuss the latest winter service training developed to boost expertise and professional knowledge in the resilience sector
• Harvey Cullen from the Highway Term Maintenance Association (HTMA) on the key role contractors play in delivering frontline services focusing on 'managing risk and margins in winter service'
• Mark Corbin, key network manager at Transport for West Midlands will deliver findings on a recent winter service diplomatic mission to three European countries
• The National Winter Service Research Group will present a series of case studies from members
Cold Comfort: Heated debate from the coolest event of the year